Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day One

Welcome to my blog. Its debut coincides with the inauguration of Barack H. Obama as the 44th president of the United States of America. I didn't vote for the new president, but I recognize and respect the importance and significance of this day. For today, a little over 40 years after the asassination of Martin Luther King, a man of mixed race (who most assuredly would have been considered black enough to be made to sit in the back of the bus in MLK's day) took the oath of the highest office in the land and became Leader of the Free World.

While I fully expect to passionately disagree with many of President Obama's policies and politics, as well as those of the majority party which he heads, today is not a day for politics. It is a day to drink in the awesome sights and sounds of the peaceful transfer of power from one party to another, one man to another, and one generation to another, in this the greatest country on earth. And while it is hard to imagine what it has been like to be black in America, it is not hard to feel joy at the joy that anyone of color must feel today.

An auspicious enough occasion to launch this new blog. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Hi
    It's A.M.C.
    When do you have time to do all this?
    My only insight isa that when I clicked on your profile, about scott, I got nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey check your clock
    Its 11.51 not 8:50

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy gut en himmel....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Dani;s blog helped...

    ReplyDelete